|I love teaching!|
I feel very sad to say that our education system is sorry state of affairs. Especially if we talk about private engineering colleges the future looks bleak. I can say this because I have worked in this so called 'education industry' for about a year. Seriously things are not so good.
Let me give you a list of what were my observations of various polytechnic colleges:
- Firstly, the quality of students is not at all good.
- Teachers are not paid well
- Focus on theory and practicals neglected
- Teacher training is just a formality. Knowledge gained is poor.
- Student fees are hefty
- College administration is pathetic
- There is a lot of paper work for teachers
- Technology assisted learning is not paid any attention in many colleges
- Parents hardly know what is going on
So, what is the solution? What can we do to make a difference?